Negative leave balances disregarded on YTD Verification report 2022-23

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mtavener1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Negative leave balances disregarded on YTD Verification report 2022-23

I have an issue where one staff member has a negative personal leave balance, which is being picked up on the Payroll Summary report, but it appears to be disregarded on the YTD Verification report, so my Payroll Summary report and YTD Verification report do not reconcile. 

The negative balance is showing on the employee's summary of payments report in STP.  It doesn't make sense that its been captured there but not on the verification report.

MYOB have advised this is a known issue, but I can't see any other posts on the forum .  I have tried $0 pay runs but it does not change anything.  Has anyone else come accross this issue and know how to fix it?

Need this fixed as soon as possible.

Need this sorted ASAP.

6 REPLIES 6
Tania-
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Negative leave balances disregarded on YTD Verification report 2022-23

Hi

Have the exact same issue.

Is MYOB going to fix the 'known issue"?

Did you speak to someone?

Thanks

Tania

mtavener1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tania, I never got an answer from MYOB.

I think its a glitch in the system. The verification report isn't recognising the negative balance.

However, if you check the employee's (the one with the negative balance) individual summary of payment, the negative balance is being reflected, which confirms that it was processed through STP. The gross pay on this STP summary matches the gross amount on the MYOB payroll summary report.

Based on this I finalised it as is. I'm not certain Ive done it right, but I didnt have time for MYOB to get back to me.

Hope this helps.

NBaillie
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am also having this issue.  Has anyone had any luck resolving this yet?

Tania-
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks. I ended up doing the same .

Disappointing that MYOB has not responded.

Tania

RosscoeA
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

An option for users would be to make a copy of the report and using the MYOB Report Designer edit the report to include to include negative balances.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @mtavener1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! Can I please confirm if your Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports match?

If the answer is NO – this generally indicates that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History in the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any changes/adjustments through Create pay run. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

• If the Payroll register is incorrect - need to correct the pay history figures on the card.

a. Correct the YTD figures.

b. Correct each month’s figures.

Note: The Payroll Activity Summary report will pull its information from the individual payroll transactions whereas the Payroll Register report will pull its information from the employee's card.

• But If Payroll Activity is incorrect – need to enter a payroll transaction and manually remove the manually entered value onto that employee’s card.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post