Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Annual Leave Balances

Hi, How do I get a report for how much Annual Leave my employees have - Current + Accrued

So I know how much they have available for the Christmas holidays?

cheers,

Kat

26 REPLIES 26
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Annual Leave Balances

Hi @KatGurl

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties in generating the report. Currently, I believe the Leave Transaction report would produce the data you are looking for. You will need to make sure that the date range is the start date of the employee to see the running leave balance. Also, I recommend reading through this article, Learn About Payroll Changes After Upgrading. This will provide insight into the new upgrade. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
Genreve

KatGurl
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, We have recently transitioned from Essentials payroll to the new version and it only gives me leave taken since April, so half my employees don't even appear on the report.

I have been into each employee and clicked on their leave tab so have the leave balance but this is very clunky and time consuming.  I would have thought that the correct leave balances for all employees would be an easy report as all the information is in the new system?

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @KatGurl,

Thanks for the response and I'm sorry to hear about your inconvenience. 

Currently, the application only has one leave report available for the product. I understand how this might make your job more time-consuming, so I recommend posting your suggestions about the application in the MYOB Business Ideas Board. I am positive that the app will improve moving forward. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
Genreve

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,924Posts

719Kudos

363Solutions

Hi @KatGurl 

The leave balances report will be back in the product in Q1 next year (ie by March 2024). Its already being worked on.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @jenniek

Thanks for the response. 

We appreciate your time in providing this information, as this provides more value to the forum. 

Thanks,

Genreve

ipom
5 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

What a struggle this is. The reports are conspicuous by their absence. Do you think that you should have waited  until all this was ironed out before releasing this update?

SandraM24
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have to agree with all previous comments! I have to run Annual and Sick leave balances monthly for all staff to supply to Department Managers and the report is just no longer available.  This was not identified when the upgrade happened - our payroll is located in MYOB due to the number of our employees, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain the information required for my monthly accounting reports for the Board.

Please confirm this leave report will be fixed for New Zealand urgently.

Also as we run Departments in our business the ability to allocate staff to a specific department and run a report by department would be absolutely fantastic please.

Help!

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @ipom and @SandraM24

We appreciate your post. Apologies for the delayed response.

I understand where this feedback is coming from. I understand how important these features are for your file. I'm positive that the development team is currently working on it while we speak. Rest assured; the updates will be added as soon as they are available. 

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,
Genreve

CSANH
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Your link is broken as it gives a 404 error.

I have set our report to run from 01.08.2022 to 15.0.2024, 01.08.2022 is when we first changed from ACE to MYOB Essentials, and then had this last upgrade at the end of last year and the report is not correct. It has shown that only one staff member had any leave added in that time (due to having an anniversay this year), when everyone has rolled over at least one anniversary, excluding new staff. It does not agree with the individual staff leave record and doesn't give a clear report of estimated/anticpated leave available. I can't put in the employees orginal start date as the system won't allow me to go back that far.

Your reports shouId be acurately reflecting what is shown for individual staff and they are not. I also can't run a report of only their start dates, again I have to look individually, which is not OK if you have a large number of staff.

Nicole

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post