Forum Discussion

Accounts2431
Contributing User
2 years ago

Payroll reporting - STP EOFY duplicate records

Extra STP reporting lines for some of the employees in addition to the correct total under EOFY.  

Because of this extra lines the total amount is not recociling with the payroll summary.

How to fix or remove the extra / unwated lines?

Thanks,

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Accounts2431 

The AccountRight payroll reports filter payments by the payroll categories. The STP reports filter payments by the ATO reporting categories. This means that payments, eg overtime and leave, will be included in gross wages in the AccountRight reports but are reported separately in the STP reports.

This Community Forum post, What's different in STP Phase 2 reporting, has detailed information.

If you need further help with this please provide detailed information, including screenshots of the STP and Payroll summary reports. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots before posting on the Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Accounts2431
      Contributing User

Thanks for your reply.  I understand the OT is shown separately in the report.  

My question is, why there are two separate lines for the same employee under EOFY finalisation.

One line has the full toal of what we paid including OT,etc and it reconciled with the payroll report.

Second extra line is just for two months pay details only in addition to the total as above. 

Because of this the total is not reconciling with the payroll summary.

Please find below an example,

First NameSurnameGrossPAYG 
      SamXX    135,000.00                               41,500.00 
      Sam XX      22,500.00                                 1,700.00No needed

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Accounts2431 

So that I can assist further can you please send me screenshots of the actual STP Summary of payments report and the Payroll summary report. You can send those screenshots by private message.