Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reversed super in bank rec

My bank rec had two of the same $ amount for super.  One which had actually been paid from the bank account on 14/08  and one that had not dated 13/08.  I have reversed the 13/08 transaction so my bank rec looks clean BUT this has now created super payments that are required to be paid, which are a double up of the same super payment paid on the 14/08.  I do not have a double up in the pay run on the 14/08 for period ending 13/08.  How do I fix this?  Why do I get the double transaction one date apart in my bank rec?

3 REPLIES 3
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Reversed super in bank rec

Hi @rquad3

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forum.

Usually, duplicate transactions in the bank reconciliation window occur due to incorrect allocation in the bank feeds window or if the transactions were recorded with the wrong ledger accounts.

To resolve this, I suggest opening the bank reconciliation window and reviewing each transaction to determine if they need to be deleted or corrected.

If you continue to face difficulties, our virtual assistant, MOCA, is available on our website for assistance. Alternatively, you can request support via 'my account' at myob.com.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

rquad3
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  This makes sense and is likely what has happened. So how can I fix it if i have reversed it in the bank rec when it has already been paid?  I don't want to repay it to clear it from the pay super screen.  I should have just created a stand alone journal entry in hind sight.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @rquad3

Thanks for the response. 

Given the current circumstances, it might be best to delete the reversal and allocation from the bank feed transaction. This will leave only one value in the bank reconciliation window, which you can then match with the bank feed. However, if you're unable to do this now, or if my response seems unclear, I highly recommend reaching out to our support team. They can provide more immediate assistance and can better understand your situation with the help of screenshots and real-time responses.

Please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you need further help.

Thanks,
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post