Subscription

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CK3071
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Subscription

We need more subscribers to let MYOB know if they are not happy with constant & often unjustafiable add-on costs & hopefully they will start to take notice.

So please, if your not happy with your subscription fees increasing as a result of the STP reporting requirements, please let MYOB know.

Thanks, everyone.

CBS48
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP reporting

Hi I am trying to find out if I can report STP for each file before I contect my first file to the ATO. I have 3 customers that have employees and I have to report as I am doing the payrolls. I am not sure if it reports the file number or the license number.

MMSretail
Experienced Cover User
200 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

200Posts

39Kudos

1Solutions

Hi CK3071,

I'm currently putting a letter together to go to the Small Business & Family Enterprise Ombudsman Kate Carnell to see if the ombudsman can take a look into the circumstance where a major supplier of accounting software to both micro and small business uses a Fed Gov introduced law (STP) as a means by which to force its software users into costly subscriptions through upgrades that are unnecessary to the operational requirements of many of it's desktop product users. Add to this actions by the software service provider that appear to be aimed at frustrating attempts to use 3rd party integrated software to allow users to continue to used their desktop versions.

It's terrible behaviour.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @CBS48 

Within AccountRight, each file that needs to report through STP needs to have an active subscription against it. So if you have three files that need to be reporting through STP you will need to have three subscriptions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CK3071
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi MMSretail,

Thank you for being proactive on our behalf.  I look forward to following your progress.

CK3071
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

No offence, but we keep hearing the same information being spruked about paying a subscription for each company file, but our questions still aren't being answered.

Why do we have to pay extra for our desktop files to use the STP reporting function when it's part of the software we've already paid for and these company files are not used online for any other purpose?  These are desktop files for a reason, and we are using our own internet service to lodge STP reports, we're not asking MYOB to lodge them on our behalf.

Very frustrating.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @CK3071 

STP reporting is one of the Live Services available through AccountRight. The Live services do not form part of the core software, such as the Accounts, Banking and Payroll modules do. Instead Live services, like bank feeds, paying super directly from your software and reporting through STP do require a subscription to access on that particular file. At this stage live services cannot be separated out, instead if you have a subscription for that file you gain access to all of the live services on that file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

CK3071
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your clarification.  You say that the live services can't be seperated yet.  Is this something MYOB is working on?

Our frustration is that we don't need any of the live services other than STP reporting & as this is a government requirement, we don't appreciate being forced to pay for services that we don't need or want when we have already been paying annual subscriptions for this software for quite some time .

I'm sure you can appreciate this frustration.

Seeoex
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB are saying you need a subscription for each file you use for STP yet these files have been lodging STP for 12 months without the need for a separate subscription or serial number. Now that the ATO have made STP compulsory, MYOB have decided to cash in and charge an extra $43.60 per month for a file that has always been included under the annual subscription for over 20 years. If you don’t pay by Aug 1st, they’ll stop you from lodging your STP files, so they are holding us to ransom with very little time to act. ATO said STP wouldn’t cost small businesses anymore than $10/mth, so why are loyal MYOB clients being charged 4.5 times this on top of their annual $1,300 subscription?? They also say only way to pay is credit card or direct debit, yet annual subscriptions can be paid via invoice. Businesses prefer an invoice in a lot of cases. The whole situation stinks!!!

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CK3071 

At this point in time, I’m not aware of any plans to alter how the Live Services work. That said this may be something that our team consider in the future, however I don’t have any timeframe on when this might potentially happen

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post