Subscription

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Subscription

Hi @Seeoex 

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently if you require STP reporting you do require a subscription for each file that needs to report.

The ATO did put out the call for low cost STP reporting suggestions for micro businesses. We do offer one of these solutions which is Essentials Payroll, which you are welcome to sign up for if you don’t want to take out a subscription on your existing file. Please note that as this is a separate program, it will not link with your current AccountRight program and as such you would have to enter the payroll or at least the journal entries in your company file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Seeoex
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

just can’t understand why there was no need for this additional subscription last year when the file was first used for STP. It is for a micro business with 2 employees. If MYOB suddenly see the need to charge for it after 20 years of not needing to, then why not the equivalent $10/mth? I don’t think using a separate file & having to journalise the payroll in to the existing file is very efficient & can’t believe MYOB are suggesting this as a solution. Not good enough! All about 💰💰

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @Seeoex 

As explained STP reporting has been included as one of the live services for AccountRight, and as such do require a subscription for each file accessing the live services. As AccountRight Plus is not specifically designed for microbusinesses, if you did require STP payroll for a microbusiness as mentioned we do have that option available in the MYOB Essentials Payroll product.

That said I have passed your feedback onto the relevant teams for their consideration.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CK3071
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Seeoex,

Well done for post.  We currently run 4-5 small business files on desktop versions, and so far have been able to report through STP for 2 fortnightly pay periods without needing a subscription.

I'd like MYOB to explain why this has to change?  It's clear that you can run the STP report without having your file online, so why can't that continue?  If MYOB was geniune about keeping their customers onboard with MYOB software, make them happy & give a little back to the MYOB community & don't charge for functions we already have just because the government is forcing us to use it.

Seeoex
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CK3071,

In all the ATO STP seminars they stressed the point that STP would not cost small businesses anymore than $10/mth. I think they’d be interested to know about this extra subscription that has suddenly become necessary & without it the businesses become uncompliant. Not a good look MYOB.

MMSretail
Experienced Cover User
200 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

200Posts

39Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Neil,

You appear to keep dodging the question.

If STP reporting was available in the desktop version previously why does a user have to use the online version now. Why can't they continue as they have in the past. 

Let say your 2001 Toyota is still totally operational and suits your needs perfectly, you happily drive it everywhere  within the traffic regulations.  Then Toyota releases a new model with lane control. Would you think it fair if Toyota rendered the steering in your existing vehicle unusable and insisted you by the latest model with lane control? I think not.

No matter how often you respond with the company STP spiel presenting it over & over again does not make it ethical or fair.

Seeoex
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi MMSretail,

The thing is they are not forcing us to put the file online, we are still able to use it on the desktop which makes this even more ridiculous & more about charging additional fees for doing nothing. These files are on the dektop only, and use NO live services except for lodging the STP file which is a requirement by the ATO, so why are we being unfairly charged extra? We have been lodging STP for 13 months (for 2 employees) without the need for a separate serial number or subscription. Why can't MYOB see that??

MMSretail
Experienced Cover User
200 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

200Posts

39Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Seeoex,

Yes you can use the desktop but not STP reporting, despite having used it for the past 13months without extra fees. Myob is exploiting its user base. Myob is owned by a foriegn investment company with one interest only maximising profit, it will suck the Myob user base dry then move onto it's next company to eatup then spit out.

Robert_Mitchell
Valued User
343 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

343Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

There are alternatives but I risk being banned for mentioning these on here. Try Gavin12345 or Mike James as they are very knowledgeable and may be able to help you until MYOB has sorted the issues.
Cheers
Robert

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post