Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super salary sacrifice - getting it right

I have just started to take out a fixed amount of Super salaray sacrifice from an employee's pay.

I have read on the ATO's website that the amount taken out for Salary sacrifice DOES NOT attract Employer Super guarantee. 

Please show me how to exempt the Super Guarantee from the Super Salary Sacrifice category as there doesn't seem to be that option in the the Super Guarantee Payroll Item to exempt.

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Super salary sacrifice - getting it right

Hi @HoneySandra,

Thank you for your post.

If you've set up salary sacrifice payments for employees who want to make additional contributions of their pay to go to their superfund, these payments are deducted from the employee's gross pay. They could be either a fixed amount or a fixed percentage of the employee's pay. Kindly refer to this Help article: Set up salary sacrifice superannuation, which has detailed information to assist with this. You cannot exempt the super guarantee from the salary sacrifice since the super guarantee is the compulsory contribution you were required to pay.

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess, yes you are correct and I had already set it up correctly in MYOB as it was already mostly all there.

I was reading something on the ATO website that made it a bit confusing about super guarantee contributions, that's why I queried.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @HoneySandra,

Thank you for your response. I understand that the ATO website can indeed contain a lot of information, which might lead to uncertainties. But if everything in your payroll categories is set up correctly, then you don't need to worry. If you've got any specific questions or need further clarification on any aspect related to superannuation contributions or any other matter, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post