Superannuation payment not showing in 'Manage Payments'

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation payment not showing in 'Manage Payments'

7 REPLIES 7
DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Superannuation payment not showing in 'Manage Payments'

Hello learned friends,

I have processed Superannuation (Pay Superannuation) for the perod 01/01/2109 - 31/03/2019, but the amount is not available to select in 'Manage Payments' or 'Pay Liabilities'.

Has a recent upgrade changed the way this process works?

I can see in the report 'Superannuation Accrual by Fund' the amounts are there, but can't seem to authorise the payments as before.

Thanks in advance,

Tracey.

DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is anyone able to assist with this question please?

Thanks,

Tracey.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @DSeals 

Sorry about the delayed response. 

The process of recording Pay Superannuation and Manage Payments haven't been changed. Just to confirm, did you go to Payroll > Pay Superannuation to record the super payments? If so, these contributions will be removed from 'Pay Liabilities' so the payments aren't recorded twice, but would be listed in 'Manage Payments'. 

You can double check if those payments have been recorded using the Payroll > Superannuation Payments > Payments by employee report, by searching the payment date. The Superannuation Accrual by fund report only tracks amounts accrued from pay runs, regardless if the contributions have been paid or not.

Could you please also locate the Pay Superannuation transaction in Payroll > Transaction Journal, or Find Transactions, or Banking > Bank Register, drill into the transaction to check if the bank account & payment date entered for the Pay Super transaction was correct? 

Please do let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I processed Superannuation in the usual way by recording the payments via 'Pay Superannuation', and yes the Payments by Employee report shows 18  April the correct amounts were allocated / paid in MYOB.

Yes also to the transaction check, the bank accounts and payment dates for the Pay Super transaction is correct (from 2-1490 Other Paytroll Liabilities, to 1-1110 Everyday Account.

How do I instruct MYOB to make the payments into the employee's superannuation accounts, when I go to 'Manage Payments' the Superannuation for 1Q18 is not available to process?

Thanks and regards,

Tracey.

DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Good morning @CloverQ , do you have any further advice for me please on this issue?

Thanks,

Tracey.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @DSeals 

Thank you very much for the update. 

The only other reason I can think of is the account you used to log in doesn't have the correct access to authorise super payments. You'll need to log in to the file using the Pay Super authoriser/creator email address, otherwise the Manage Payments list would not update for you.

If you also need to enter the User ID & password to log in, please also make sure your user ID has full access to Payroll. The best way to test is by logging in using the user ID Administrator. 

If you are unsure whether your email address has the correct access to Pay Super, please send me a private message with your serial number, and the email address used, I'm happy to check. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @CloverQ 

I am the only person in the company with access, and my login details haven't changed in 4 years.  Never had an issue before this with paying Super.

To be sure, and to cover all bases, I will send you a private message now to check my login and password details.

Thanks and regards,

Tracey.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post