Time in lieu

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DMadmin
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Time in lieu

Hi there. I am wanting to setup TIME IN LIEU for employees instead of paying OVERTIME.

If i follow the instructions i can see that would mean an employee is working an hour for an hour in the calculations.

But if the overtime is either time and half or double time then surely Time in Lieu has to accrue more to allow for the dollar value of the hours worked.

How do i set up calculations for time and a half (eg our staff get paid 2 hours O/T at time n half and then anything after that is Double time) ?? TIA

1 REPLY 1
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

502Kudos

522Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Time in lieu

Hi @DMadmin 

I don't think you are understanding what TOIL (Time Of In Lieu) is about.

It means that instead of getting an overtime rate for say the extra 7 hours that employee worked at overtime rates,

they can have a day off, do nothing at home or go out with the family and be paid for that.  Instead of them having to work the day and get some slightly higher pay for the 7 hours overtime they did, but be burnt out by the end of the week.

Therefore, you do 5 hours overtime, we wont pay you for that, as agreed, but we will pay you to do whatever you like for 5 hours.

Check your award though as to how TOIL is to be managed and when not used, how payment is then made for those hours.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post