Update Release AccountRight 2020.2 Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Michelle_MC
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Update Release AccountRight 2020.2 Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries

Could you replace the option to raise PAYG Certificates to those that are STP Reporting please?    I have clients working in the trades who still request me to sent PAYG Certs to their staff without them having to use MYGOV

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments on this topic.

For clients that have enabled Payroll Reporting would have the Payment Summaries option removed in AccountRight 2020.2. They may not be using that process to report their pays but have enabled the functionality within the company file. 

For those clients that do need to produce their payments summaries, this can currently be completed in AccountRight 2020.2 through the Command Centre Menu>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summary. Note: This will can be produced for the current payroll year. If you have completed your first pays in the new payroll year you would need to restore a backup prior to entering that first pay to produce the necessary payment summaries for last year.

Attachment2.PNG

PLEASE NOTE: The Prepare Payment Summaries option in the Command Centre Menu may be removed in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DThorn
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

In Release 2020.2.23.9038, this funtion is not available in the Payroll Centre.

However it is still available in the drop down menu.

Thing is, once EOY payroll is finalised in the Payroll Reporting Centre, preparing PAYG Summaries rolls over to the next payroll year.

So, this begs the question of - why was this done?

Further - how does one now prepare PAYG Summaries for the just completed payroll year?

vse1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

What if half of the payroll is in STP and the other half is in old method, how do I finalise payment summaries for 2019/2020...

Also, I've stupidly run july 2020 pay run without finialising payment summaries and so when I get into Prepare Payment Summaries, I get current 2020/2021 figures...

Thanks

jen

Bookie2093
Partner
18 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

18Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I'm in the same boat ... completed the first pay run .. only small, will try to reverse it.  See if I can access.  I have no backup.

vse1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did it work?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Clients that are needing to produce their payment summaries in the previous payroll year should check out Unable to produce payment summaries once in the new year for more information on that topic.

If should be noted that if you have reported pays during the year through payroll reporting you may not be required to produce payment summaries for your employees. Payroll reporting (STP) is based on year-to-date information on the employee's pay history. As such, if you have processed those previous pays in AccountRight through the Payroll module these will flow through to the Payroll Reporting Centre with your first pay since registering for payroll reporting.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

TOHC
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I can't find summaries report to print out and hand to staffs, this new update have remove and the EOFY finalisation cannot amend, MYOB finalisation is incorrect,  How can I update correct amount for staffs?

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @TGC1 

The Prepare Payment Summaries function will be removed for files that do have Payroll Reporting (STP) enabled. Clients that have not enabled Payroll Reporting will still have access to that Prepare Payment Summaries within AccountRight 2020.2.

As I do know that this may be of great concern to some users, as such I've added a screenshot showing a pre-release build of 2020.2 showing that option still being available.

Attachment.PNG

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @TOHC 

If you have reported through Payroll Reporting you can print a Summary of Payments for an employee via the Payroll Reporting Centre>>EOFY Finalistation>>Selecting desired year>>Ellipses for the required employee>>Download report (PDF). 

If you have used payment summaries you can go the Command Centre menu (top of the screen)>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries to generate your payments summaries. Note: you can only produce payment summaries for the current payroll year. If you have entered your pays in the new payroll year you would be looking at restoring a backup prior to entering that information to produce those payment summaries.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

TOHC
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Can you give correct guide please?

My EOYF is not same as my 30 June in MYOB.  I have updated the software and now, I can't print or email summary report to staffs. You guys removed the pay summaries which I cannot printout and give to staffs.  I did what you say restore the back up file and still not showing the pay summaries report tab.

This is cause so much problem here.  When you write program why not leave it for at least 1 month after 30/06/20 pay summaries tab there, so business can have it print or email.  or why not have a pay event update in the report that way we can update correct amount.  The finalisation report is less then the actual in MYOB.  Can you get back to me ASAP on this otherwise I cannot print summaries report.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post