Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Accounts Receivable/Payable with Tax Reports timing out

I am trying to complete BAS using cash basis but when I run the Receivables With Tax or the Payables With Tax reports it comes up with a Time out error. I've tried logging onto the browser version of the file but still get the same error.  I have 3 BAS to complete for this client.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Giovanna1 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

If the file for which you are seeing this error is online, I can advise making a backup of it and restoring it locally on your computer.  This can resolve the problem if there are problems with the server's load.

If it is local file, You can check on this LINK  (AccountRight Time Extender) it contains more information on the process. 

Let me know how you go, I'm happy to assist you. 

or If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

Giovanna1
      User

Hi Cel,

The time out error occurs in both the online version and the local version. Since it is a client file I can't make any changes to their system. Is there another solution?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Giovanna1 

The time out extender is applied to the application software when using the desktop or server application (whether company file is local or online). So you can apply it to your application and it may assist when accessing the online file via the application. It won't make any difference when accessing the online file via browser though.

If this fails, the only remaining option is to make a backup, restore locally to generate the report from the local copy. You can then continue with the BAS etc in the online file, including fixing any issues identified when running the reports.

You should also check the file size while the file is local. This is likely the cause, MYOB doesn't handle larger files too well. If the file is large (say over 1 GB - MYOB used to use 500 MB as a guide earlier) client should consider starting a new file or getting the file purged to reduce its size. With old data removed from the file, both of these reports generate considerably quicker - I speak from experience.

Hope this helps

Gavin