Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Change invoice currency symbols on invoices to GBP

Hi, how to change currency symbols on an invoice? I need to display in GBP. 

• Welcome to the Community Forum. The currency symbol is displayed depending on your keyboard. Generally computers sold in Australia and New Zealand will have the respective language selected, so that is why it is displaying as dollars.

There are 2 options to have the invoice not display the $ symbol:

1. If you are using AccountRight Premier you can turn on the preference for Multiple Currencies: Working with multiple currencies. (This can be checked by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight > Product). This will not show pounds, but the invoice layout will just have the amounts without a currency symbol when using a non-local currency.
    2. You could change the settings on your computer, which will then show on AccountRight: Change the date and currency format. (Keep in mind that if you change the format to "English (United Kingdom)" all programs on your computer will now show currency in pounds).

If you would like to upgrade to Premier to use Multiple Currencies, feel free to send me a Private Message with your Serial Number and Account Name and I can organise that for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Welcome to the Community Forum. The currency symbol is displayed depending on your keyboard. Generally computers sold in Australia and New Zealand will have the respective language selected, so that is why it is displaying as dollars.

There are 2 options to have the invoice not display the $ symbol:

1. If you are using AccountRight Premier you can turn on the preference for Multiple Currencies: Working with multiple currencies. (This can be checked by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight > Product). This will not show pounds, but the invoice layout will just have the amounts without a currency symbol when using a non-local currency.
    2. You could change the settings on your computer, which will then show on AccountRight: Change the date and currency format. (Keep in mind that if you change the format to "English (United Kingdom)" all programs on your computer will now show currency in pounds).

If you would like to upgrade to Premier to use Multiple Currencies, feel free to send me a Private Message with your Serial Number and Account Name and I can organise that for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.