Forum Discussion

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Contractor Invoices

Some contractors that work for us want to be paid via invoice. 

Currently I use the service layout in purchases. 

I'd love to start recording the number of hours each supplier provides.  

It would be good to be able to work out the total number of hours each supplier has provided in a given period to work out their EFT equivalent.  

Any suggestions for how to do this?  

Thanks

Lani

• Hi LaniOUP 

One possible way you could track that information would be through the use of an Item invoice layout, rather than a service one. Yes this would require you to set up items for the contractor invoice.

For items you were just tracking the quantity of, such as hours provided you could consider using a $0, but having them inventoried so you can track the quantity for reporting purposes. Other items where its just the amount thats important you wouldnt need to inventory the item, however you wouldnt be able to report on quantities if they werent inventoried

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi LaniOUP 

One possible way you could track that information would be through the use of an Item invoice layout, rather than a service one. Yes this would require you to set up items for the contractor invoice.

For items you were just tracking the quantity of, such as hours provided you could consider using a $0, but having them inventoried so you can track the quantity for reporting purposes. Other items where its just the amount thats important you wouldnt need to inventory the item, however you wouldnt be able to report on quantities if they werent inventoried

LaniOUP
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Neil

I'll give that a go.  

I don't need to itemise or track anything else.  

I'm not sure if I can make item layout a preference or not?  Or just choose it each time?  I'll have a play with that also. 

Cheers

Lani

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi LaniOUP 

You’ll need to have an item for all of the other charges on the contractor’s invoice, however if this item doesn’t need to be tracked you don’t need to worry about selecting “I Inventory” when setting up the item. This would allow all the other items on the contractor’s invoices to be recorded as item invoices don’t allow a free text field in the way that a service invoice does.

On the contractor’s supplier card under the Buying Details tab, you can set a default layout for that supplier. When they are selected in a transaction AccountRight should then default to the item invoice layout