Forum Discussion

jacqui10
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Contractors Superannaution

Good Afternoon,

I am currently in the process of setting up superannuation payments for our contractor.

I am after some further direction on how to pay superannuation to contractor if I am processing his invoice through purchases but need to pay superannuation.

With some notes I have read that you need to setup a employee card for the contractor so it can be processed through using the superstream or the other option was from the ATO to pay superannuation directly to the super fund. Which in this case you would use spend money to allocate funds?? but the superannuation account would not balance?? Correct??  

So what would be the better option and to comply?

And what report would you you use ?

• Hi jacqui10 

If you were wanting to report the contractor’s superannuation contributions, we do recommend putting this through the Payroll section of your AccountRight. This would allow you to pay the contractors super along with any other employees.

Assuming you wanted to use a different method, I’d recommend seeking advice from your accountant as to any potential implications of any other chosen method of paying the superannuation.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi jacqui10 

If you were wanting to report the contractor’s superannuation contributions, we do recommend putting this through the Payroll section of your AccountRight. This would allow you to pay the contractors super along with any other employees.

Assuming you wanted to use a different method, I’d recommend seeking advice from your accountant as to any potential implications of any other chosen method of paying the superannuation.

Della
      Partner

Hi Neil,

Is there any programming underway for contractors super payments to be directly included with SuperStream rather than having to do two entries, one for the purchase and then another for a payrun to include their super payment so it goes into SuperStream? 

Just with STP now we don't what them included etc.

Thanks

Neil_M
        Former Staff

HI Della 

Im not aware if any current plans to change how contractors are required to be processed in the software. That said this may potentially be something that our team consider in the future.