Forum Discussion

Nat9
User
2 years ago

Refund of deposit in USD (less bank fees) and credit inventory which was never received.

Hi,

I've entered a supplier invoice charging us for goods/inventory that was to be manufactured (US $50,000) , as I had to pay an initial deposit in USD (US $16,000).  

The order has since been cancelled and the supplier has refunded our deposit less US $50 bank fees.  Received US $15,950.

How do I go about crediting both the inventory (so my stock goes back to zero) and the refunded deposit so my supplier invoice is closed?

Note:  I'm getting an error in MYOB when I try and do a credit (negative supplier invoice) containing the same details as the original invoice entered.

ERROR:  Processing this purchase would leave the item "(___item code___)" with no items on hand and a non-zero value in inventory. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Nat9

Thanks for your post. It's great to have you here in the Community forum.

Our help article Error: Non-zero value has information and instructions on what you will need to do in your file to resolve this error.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth