Forum Discussion

20191001myob
Contributing User
2 years ago

The Difference Between Deleting Payment and Recap Transaction

Hi,

I have orders paid in full before it is invoiced.

But now I need to allocate this payment to another invoice, but can not delete the payment.

Can I recap the transaction? Or what can I do to chnage it?

Thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 20191001myob 

Recapping the transaction will showcase the accounts impacted by that transaction. However, when an order is generated no accounts are impacted so you would not be able to recap that transaction until it's converted into an invoice and the accounts are impacted.

In saying that, you mentioned that you were looking a deleting a payment on an order. This can still be done and below would be the process for deleting that payment:

1. Navigate to Sales>>Sales Register
    2. Select the Orders tab
    3. Select the desired order
    4. Within the Edit Sale window, select the History... button (bottom right, down by the Applied to Date value). This will open the Find Transactions window.
    5. You would then select the corresponding payment you wish to delete
    6. Within the Receive Payments window, select Edit>>Delete transaction

The above process will delete the payment on that order. If required, you can then enter the payment against another order/invoice.

Please note: The above process is only used when the sale is still an order. If a deposit has been made and then converted into an invoice then you would be looking at Help Article: Customer deposits to work through that deletion process.