adding notes field to a timebilling invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
David_Hine
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

adding notes field to a timebilling invoice

Hi

When I make time billing records using the Activity Slip form, I include text in the Notes text box about the purpose of the activity.

I would like to include this in my Time Billing invoices.

When I go to customise the table in that invoice template, I see I can include a Notes section in 'Show/Hide Columns' . This does not set up the right field in the cell below. I end up with a column with the label 'Notes' but the cell under that is not [Notes] or something similar, it is [Description - BackOrderedLabel]. As a result, there is no content.

Could you kindly assist me to get the data from the field 'Notes'

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: adding notes field to a timebilling invoice

Hi @David_Hine 

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. The Notes column in Show/Hide Columns gets it data from the Notes column when entering a Time Billing invoice:

tb.PNG

The Notes field from activity slips is not a field that can be added to Time Billing invoices. The help article, Fields and columns you can add to forms, has detailed information to help with personalising your invoices.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

David_Hine
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: adding notes field to a timebilling invoice

I accept your answer is correct.
Please encourage MYOB to integrate a text field into time billing records that could be included in the Time Billing invoice. It would give my clients an insight into how that time was spent. They ask for it, so we resorted to spreadsheets.... clumsy but all I have at the moment.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post