data fields in invoice description & email

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Patrick_H
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

data fields in invoice description & email

Is there a way to include data fields in my invoice item descriptions and the email body when sending them?

We do a lot of recurring monthly invoices, which I would like to set to send automatically. Problem is that some clients "need" the month/period in the description. I was hoping something like [Current Month] would be available to use in my item description, but even fields copied exactly from the fields list do not seem to work...

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: data fields in invoice description & email

Hi @Patrick_H 

Customise forms do use data fields to populate information from the company file and the invoice. Users can see and select the desired fields for their customise form using the following process:

1. Navigate to Setup>>Customise Forms.
  2. Choose the desired type of form and layout (if required).
  3. Select Customise.
  4. Once in the Customise form window, within the Insert section of the Customise tab is the option for Fields.

Selecting the above Fields option will list all the fields that can be added to that customise form. For more information check out Help Article: Fields and columns you can add to forms.

It should also be noted that users can add variable data fields to their customise forms this can be done as per Help Article: Set up your default email messages. This will also list the email variables that can be used.

In saying that, I'm not aware of a field that would show the current month on the invoice form or accompanying email being available.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Patrick_H
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven,

variable data is the ones I was thinking of.

I had a look at the article you referenced and am somewhat disapointed with the number of variables. It also seems this cannot be used within the invoice/quote.

I understand that {{current_month}} may not be common enought to include, but I would think that you had all bases covered in addressing a person...

I saw that you have {{customer_full_name}} and {{customer_first_name}}, but these would only work for an Individual card, since a Company card doesn't have these fields. It does have Salutation and Contact fields, but these do not seem to work as variable data.

Do you know (or expect) if the list will be expanded and these will be added?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Patrick_H 

I'm not aware of any initial plans to introduce more email variable fields within the AccountRight range at this time. That doesn't mean that in the future no more would be added, just that we are not looking at adding any in the foreseeable future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post