Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

record refund as a supplier

Hi,

We are service supplier. our customer over paid thier bill. We've done the manual bank transfer, not via MYOB, how do we appove it in bank fee?

Thank you.

• Hi TasNoss 

When you pay the refund a withdrawal transaction is automatically recorded:

In the Bank feeds window, click on Find, change the filters if required and the refund transaction should be listed. Highlight the refund and click on Match & approve:

If the refund isn't listed in Find a matching transaction check the Account selected for the refund transaction is the correct bank account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TasNoss 

Thanks for your post. To record the overpayment in AccountRight:

1. record a Receive payment transaction for the total amount paid, including the overpayment, this will automatically create the customer credit
    2. go to Sales Register>>Returns & Credits tab
    3. select the customer credit
    4. click on Pay refund and process the refund
    5. you can then match the refund with the bank feed

These help articles have detailed instructions:

Customer overpayments

Settling customer credits

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TasNoss
      User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your help.

We've done the steps 1-4 in you list before. But not sure how to match the refund with bank fee.

Cheers

TasNoss

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi TasNoss 

When you pay the refund a withdrawal transaction is automatically recorded:

In the Bank feeds window, click on Find, change the filters if required and the refund transaction should be listed. Highlight the refund and click on Match & approve:

If the refund isn't listed in Find a matching transaction check the Account selected for the refund transaction is the correct bank account.