Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
4 years ago
Solved

Automated linking of sales/supplier invoices - can we stop customers turning this on?

Hi, We have suddenly realised that if some of our clients are also using MYOB, they will probably be seeing the option to link our invoices to their system. Is there a way to disable this from our...
    Haydes
    4 years ago

Hi H-TS 

No need to be sorry, you're asking great questions around the safety of your file and data you send to customers. Happy to answer any and all questions you might have.

While I wasn't around during the initial set up of these services, the service was initially built around specific Supplier's, such as Officeworks, Reece, Bunnings, etc, and brought across to "MYOB to MYOB" businesses on customer requests. I'm still talking to the people that work on the Invoice Portal to make improvements.

To answer your questions though; The Invoice data is stored in the Invoice Portal when that Invoice is SENT via email using the Online Emailing Services. The customer will then get the Invoice data from the Invoice Portal which will have stored those details from what was sent.

So you found the right workaround, if you send the Invoice BEFORE adding the internal lines those won't be sent to the Customer.

Note1: Be aware that re-sending the Invoice will send the updated information to the Invoice Portal.

As for Support Information, there is a Help Article linked to the set up page when the customer first clicks the Link to MYOB button. That article has a video within that does mention that it will bring over line item details, such as Descriptions. Here's the link to it: Automating Supplier Invoices (it's also the "Supplier Feeds" link in my signature.

Note2: That it shows the myob to myob features in the table which is what this service will be listed as.

Hope this covers everything, feel free to post as many questions as you have and I'll find time to answer them.

Last note: I'm always wanting to see feedback for what I work on, if you have anything that you want to see or have something that bothers you around the services in my signature feel free to send me a Private Message on this Forum and I'll get an email. You can send me a PM by clicking my Username and then clicking Send Message on the next page.

I might not be able to respond to everything in my Inbox but I do keep every email I get.