Monthly overdue amounts not showing on statement and current shouldn't be the full amount

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chelbelz
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Monthly overdue amounts not showing on statement and current shouldn't be the full amount

Can someone please help me set up MYOB properly to show the actually Monthly Overdue Amounts as they should be and not just Current(Not Overdue) taking the full sum? Please refer to my photo - TIA 

Dec $.......

Jan $.......

Current $.....

Statement not showing Overdue .png
8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Monthly overdue amounts not showing on statement and current shouldn't be the full amount

Hi @Chelbelz 

Thanks for your post. How invoices appear on statements depends on the set up of the customer credit terms in AccountRight. I'll give you a couple of help articles that explain aging in detail:

Monthly aging on invoices

Credit terms

If you're still have problems with aging on your statements please let me know how your credit terms are set up and I'll be happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Chelbelz
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Monthly overdue amounts not showing on statement and current shouldn't be the full amount

Thank you for taking the time to assist Tracy.  It has fixed the issue but I really need the "month name" listed rather than 30 days.. 60 days etc as it affecs other reports.  Am I correct in say that I dont have an option?

<<Attachments removed by Moderator>>

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Chelbelz 

Go to Setup>>Preferences>>Reports & Forms tab and select Use Monthly Ageing Periods Identify by: Month Names to report by months instead of number of days.

month.PNG

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Chelbelz
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracy.

No its doesn't work because I then lose the overdue monthly figures

Pic 1.  Choose months and I lose the division of overdue amounts

Pic 2.  Overdue amounts appears correct but i need the month name because it changes to this format accross other reports

I.e. Aged receivables - refer to pic 3.

Months.png
30 days etc.png
2021-03-24_13-33-12.png
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Chelbelz 

What are the credit terms for that customer? And what are the invoice date(s) for the 30 Days overdue amount?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Chelbelz
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey

My apologies for the (VERY LONG) delay here.  Our director has just brought it up again and I did not realise you had replied until now. Their terms are as follows .. 45 from EOM, I have attached screenshot 

2021-08-30_12-23-39.png
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Chelbelz 

Thanks for that information. The difference in your statement ageing is because of the 45 days after EOM terms. A January invoice is due on the 15 March, February on the 15 April and March on the 15 May. 

When you select the monthly ageing periods there are no invoices due in Feb, they are all due March and later so will be reported as Current on a March statement:

45.PNG

But when you change the ageing to daily the January invoice is overdue because it was due on the 15 March and the statement is being run at the 31 March. It's 16 days overdue so falls into the 30 Days Overdue column:

45a.PNG

I hope that clarifies it for you. Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Chelbelz
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

That makes it clearer, thank you!

Also appreciate you taking the time to reply Smiley Happy   

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post