Recurring Transactions changing layout

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lmm0211
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Recurring Transactions changing layout

I have created several invoices using the "Time Billing" Layout and saved them as recurring transactions as they will be used frequently, but when I select one of them to use the layout defaults to "Item" and when I change it back to "Time Billing" I lose all the information I have there so it is useless! 

Is there a way I can fix this so it stays as the "time billing" layout?

4 REPLIES 4
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,850 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,850Posts

1,079Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Recurring Transactions changing layout

Hi @lmm0211 , this has been an issue for a while. if you use an activity item on the first line (blank/zero if necessary), then the time-billing layout will be retained. I think the dummy line can be deleted before saving any invoice created using the recurring transaction.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

lmm0211
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. I will give that a try. 

lmm0211
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

All my lines have activity items used so this still doesn't work. Still defaulting back to the "Item" layout Smiley Sad

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @lmm0211 

Time billing is used for businesses that predominantly sell time. You can specify billing rates based on the activity, and the system will use the activity slips to create the time billing invoice. As the workflow for creating this type of invoice is created from an activity slip, it is not possible to create a time-billing recurring transaction.

You mentioned using activity items, can I confirm; are you trying to use items or time billing activities in your invoice? If you want to use items then you can make it a recurring transaction, however, if you want to use time billing then you would need to create it from the activity slips.

Hope that explanation clarifies it for you, but if you still have further questions, feel free to reply with a screenshot of the transaction so I can give you more specific advice. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post