Removing multiple activity slips from WIP in time billing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stanleigh
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Removing multiple activity slips from WIP in time billing

Is there an easier way to remove multiple activity slips form the "Work in progress" tab to "Completed work" without creating an invoice? I don't want to go into each activity slip separately and enter a negative amount to adjust each activity slip individually when there are hundreds that need moving from each job.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Removing multiple activity slips from WIP in time billing

Hi @stanleigh 

If you go into the Activity Slip, there are two fields; Adjustment and Already Billed. These fields appear to be greyed out but you can type into those fields and make changes. By adding in the hours and amount against one of these fields (Adjustment needs to be entered as a negative) it will make the Left to Bill value zero and thus the activity slip will not appear in the Prepare Time Billing Invoice window.

The other option is to bill the activity slip to the customer. Once you have created that invoice, generate a negative invoice for that same invoice amount (do NOT reverse that invoice). This will create a credit note that you can then apply to that invoice using the Returns/Credits>>Apply to Sales option from the Sales Register.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

stanleigh
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

So if I don't want to edit each individual activity slip, the only way is to use them to create an invoice?

I am thinking that the best way then would be to use all the activity slips to create an invoice, consolidating them so there are as few lines as possible; saving the invoice, then going back in to edit it so there is only one line with a token amount; adding another line with an equal but negative amount to create an invoice for $0. Would that be right? I tried deleting the invoice, but then all of the activity slips re-appear in the WIP tab.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @stanleigh 

Provided those lines are included on an invoice then they do get removed from the Prepare Time Billing Invoices window. As such, you could be looking at one of the following if you didn't want to use the Adjustment/Already Billed fields on the Enter Activity Slip window:

• Create the invoice using those activity slip values. Enter a negative invoice for the same amount on that invoice and then record that invoice. This is the method that you have indicated in your post.
  • Create the invoice using those activity slip values, save that invoice. Enter a negative invoice for the same amount and then apply that negative invoice back to the original invoice to clear it. This is the method I have indicated in my previous post on this thread.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Consulting4accs
MYOB Staff
19 Posts
MYOB Staff

19Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M If an accounting practice is wanting to track hours for all employees against all its clients jobs without sending an invoice to the client - would they use the same method you prescribe above? 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Consulting4accs 

I would probably recommend that they use the Adjustment and Already Billed fields on the activity slip first. If that is not an option, then yes invoicing that customer and then clearing that invoice would be the recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post