Spend money using different company bank account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MichelleC11
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Spend money using different company bank account

Hi Everyone,

Currently running 2 companies: Company A and Company B. However there's always some mistaken making payment through wrong company bank account.

For example, Company A has an invoice amount $300 but my manager has mistakenly pay through Company B bank account for the outstanding payment (it should be pay through Company A's bank account).

Any MYOB adjustment i can make so that the bank reconcile is correct (in company A)??? Any help would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
Keen
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Spend money using different company bank account

create a inter-company loan account in both A & B, process $300 payment in B company as loan to A, process in A company as $300 expense paid via loan from B company

MichelleC11
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Keen,

thank you for the quick response!!

Will it cause any follow-up work?

Keen
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

The reality is A might pay for B more than B pays for A.  You may like to settle the net difference of the inter-company loan accounts periodically by transferring money from B's bank account to A's bank account or vice versa.  Based on your info, you might need to work out the difference for your manager to do the transfer.

That is one way of doing it, have fun

MichelleC11
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

nice solution but as what you mentioned is for periodically.

Is there any way to do it one-off?

MichelleC11
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Spend money adjustment

Hi All,

Currently running 2 companies: Company Y and Company Z. An invoice amount $100 entered in Company Y. However, My manager has mistakenly made the payment through Company Z's bank account (suppose to be Company Y's bank account).

Is there any adjusment I can do it one-off? (without transferring any money)

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MichelleC11 

As explained by @Keen, creating loan accounts for both companies is an easy way to deal with these situations.

In your example:

1. In Company Y enter a Pay Bills transaction to pay that invoice, but change the Pay From Account to the Company Z loan account.
  2. In Company Z enter a Spend Money transaction for the amount of the invoice payment, the Pay From Account will be Company Z's bank account, and allocate to Company Y's loan account.

You can either transfer the money or leave it for the accountant to work out at the EOY.  If you did transfer the money you would the need to record Transfer Money transactions. I answered another post on this recently which has a more detailed explanation of how this all works: Customer payments made into incorrect entities 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post