Forum Discussion

powerette
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Supplier Purchase Amount Returned

Hi,

We ordered a prepaid item from a supplier which we paid. The arrival date for the item kept changing, so we cancelled the order. We paid and reconciled the original invoice which was over a month ago.  We then requested a refund which has just been given.

What is the best way to action this?

Thank you.

Tracey_H
    3 years ago

Hi powerette 

Ok so now that the reversal is in the Returns & Debits tab, highlight it and click on Receive Refund:

The Settle Returns & Debits window opens, make sure the bank account is correct and change the date to the date the refund was deposited into your bank account. Click on Record:

If you use bank feeds, go to Bank Feeds window and you'll have that refund transaction to match with the bank feed transaction:

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi powerette 

Thanks for your post. When you have paid for a purchase in full and then receive a refund you can follow these steps to record that in AccountRight:

1. reverse the original purchase transaction
    2. go to Purchases Register>>Returns & Debits tab
    3. highlight the reversal transaction
    4. click on Receive Refund
    5. the Settle Returns & Debits window opens, enter applicable information
    6. click on Record

I'll also give you these help articles which have detailed information on supplier returns:

Supplier returns, debits and refunds 

Settling supplier debits

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

powerette
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey,

I clicked on Transactions can't be changed, they must be reversed. Then after doing that and reversing the bill it has gone to Closed Bills. Sorry, Im unsure of what I did wrong or how to fix it.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi powerette 

Is the original bill in Closed Bills or the reversal? The original bill should be in Closed Bills because you have not made any changes to that transaction, it's still a paid (closed) bill. The reversal should be in the Returns & Debits tab. 

If the reversal is not in the Returns & Debits tab can you send me screenshots of the reversal transaction and Purchases Register>>filter by that supplier>>All Purchases tab. Make sure you remove any sensitive information from screenshots prior to posting on the forum.