Forum Discussion

Wendy03
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Tax Codes

I have been advised that the Tax Code on an Item Number is over-ridden by the Tax Code assigned to the customer on their card. Why is there an option for a Tax Code on Item Numbers if it is automatically overwritten by the code on the customer card? I use this software for Medical Accounts and as such, the Tax Code is ALWAYS Free. But because of the way the program works I will now have to change each customer's tax code to Free or else I will have to manually change the tax code on each invoice because the code on the customer card defaults to N. I see this as a huge problem with this program and needs to be changed. The tax code assigned to the Item when it is set up should be the default tax code.

• Hi Wendy03 

Thanks for your post. The customer's tax code will only override the item's tax code or allocation account's tax code if you have ticked Use Customer's Tax Code in the customer card. You can find this option in the customer card>>Selling Details tab:

By unticking this option the item or allocation account tax code will be used. The same option is available for supplier cards in the Buying Details tab.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Wendy03 

Thanks for your post. The customer's tax code will only override the item's tax code or allocation account's tax code if you have ticked Use Customer's Tax Code in the customer card. You can find this option in the customer card>>Selling Details tab:

By unticking this option the item or allocation account tax code will be used. The same option is available for supplier cards in the Buying Details tab.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Wendy03
      Contributing User

I spent a lot of time on Chat today regarding this question. I was told the operator checked with a developer and that I would have to change the Tax Code on every customer because the code allocated to the customer always overrode the Item code.  It looks like someone needs to give that developer a bit more training on how the system works. In any case, that you for your response.