how to track COS via inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
abc1232
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

how to track COS via inventory

Hi

How can I track COS throught inventory? which report I should run for checking COS after I sold item?

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: how to track COS via inventory

Hi @abc1232 

Cost of sales in AccountRight will occur when you have I Inventory this Item enabled. It is calculated by taking the Average Cost of the items at the time of recording the sale and multiplying the number of items that you are selling in that invoice. For example, if the average cost of the item is $350 and you are selling 2 the cost of sales would be $700

Should you wish to see the amount that has been placed against the cost of sales account for a transaction you could review the transaction in the Transaction Journal or review the linked Cost of Sales Account in the Find Transactions window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

abc1232
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply. I have run Analyse sale(item) and item register (detail) to COS in both report and I foud there is difference between. Is this the reason cause COS of this period so high?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @abc1232 

I understand that one of the other MYOB Moderators is offering their assistance with respect to that situation via your other post: COS allocation when inventory sold

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post