Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

profit by product report

Hi , does anyone know how you can create a profit by product report to dump into excel?

Ie. cost price of each item and sell price printed in one document.

Mike_James
    2 years ago

Hi anthonyha1 , after adding the fields, go back to the first tab, and click the green curly arrow to refresh the report. If you don't do that the export will omit the new files. 

I'll respond to your question about costs when I have a moment.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi anthonyha1 , welcome to the forum. Run the Sales Item Detail report to the screen, then select the Modify tab, and click Show/Hide. Then add gross margin $ and gross margin % fields. You may also wish to remove any fields you don't need. Then go back and re-run the report. Then once the new fields are on screen, select the down arrow (top left) and send to excel.

anthonyha1
      User

Hi MIke ,
      Thank you for your great answer.  I tried to rerun the report but didn't seem to save the new settings. I didn't notice a rerun button  on the same screen as modify. I print screened it and that worked.

There seems to be 4 different definitions for costs. If you know what these are i would much apprecate your feedback. 

Last cost incl

Last cost

last purchase price 

Anthonyha1

buying price

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi anthonyha1 , after adding the fields, go back to the first tab, and click the green curly arrow to refresh the report. If you don't do that the export will omit the new files. 

I'll respond to your question about costs when I have a moment.