Forum Discussion

wilf58
Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Labour Hire

My client has contractors who are labour only and need to be paid superannuation. If I set them up as an "Employee" but select Labour Hire as Employment Basis then that excludes them from the wages calculation at the end of the year. However I see the superannuation component is still reported under STP and hence we need the TFN from all these contractors as well. Is there a way to exclude them from STP as it isn't mandatory to report them? Thanks

• Hi wilf58 

Pay Superannuation is done based on the superannuation category and employee superannuation details. The Employment Basis doesn't factor in the equation on whether or not the superannuation amounts will appear in the Pay Superannuation window.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi wilf58 

When the employment basis of an employee's card is set to be Other (not Individual or Labour hire) this will prevent that card from being reporting on by payroll reporting.

If you do need to report on that employee you would be looking at setting that Employment Basis to Individual or Labour Hire - Employees' card>>Payroll Details>>Wages>>Employment Basis.

wilf58
      Partner

Thanks for the prompt reply Steven. If I make the Employment Basis OTHER and hence it excludes the information from STP, will it still pick up the superannuation component when I do my quarterly payment for all the regular employees or do I have to do something extra?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi wilf58 

Pay Superannuation is done based on the superannuation category and employee superannuation details. The Employment Basis doesn't factor in the equation on whether or not the superannuation amounts will appear in the Pay Superannuation window.