Forum Discussion

Neridup
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Fuel Tax Credits in BAS online

i am doing my first BAS online with direct reporting to ATO

I have entered my Fuel Tax credit Journal entry.

I cannot see it on the Simple BAS and want to know if it is taken into consideration even though i cant see it.

Neridup
    5 years ago

It took me many hours yesterday trying to access the answer I wanted by phone  (failed after waiting one hour 15 for someone to answer in Australia) then Chat tried twice.

I finally found the answer to my question about Fuel Tax Credits which has to be entered at 7D on the BAS.

You cant use Simpler BAS designed for people with less than 10 million dollars turnover.

You have to use the Advanced BAS designed for people with more than 10 million dollars turnover even though you dont have that turnover

When i selected this Advanced BAS form it ALREADY HAS 7C AND 7D on it.

It needs to be a separate Support note for Fuel Tax Credits advising the above. This would save many hours of searching.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Neridup 

At this time you can only link the GST and PAYGW fields to tax codes in your Online BAS.  For other fields, including Fuel Tax Credits, you do need to manually enter the values.  

You may find this support note, Prepare your activity statement online, helpful.

Let me know if you need further help

Neridup
      Contributing Cover User

It took me many hours yesterday trying to access the answer I wanted by phone  (failed after waiting one hour 15 for someone to answer in Australia) then Chat tried twice.

I finally found the answer to my question about Fuel Tax Credits which has to be entered at 7D on the BAS.

You cant use Simpler BAS designed for people with less than 10 million dollars turnover.

You have to use the Advanced BAS designed for people with more than 10 million dollars turnover even though you dont have that turnover

When i selected this Advanced BAS form it ALREADY HAS 7C AND 7D on it.

It needs to be a separate Support note for Fuel Tax Credits advising the above. This would save many hours of searching.