GST OUT

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LBaker
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST OUT

Hi all, hoping someone can help me while I'm on the long hold to MYOB!

1st issue - GST Paid doesn't reconcile with the Balance Sheet

Client on Cash Basis MYOB AR, I have taken tax outstanding into account & run all exception reports & all ok. I have reconciled last quarter's BAS & outstanding tax payable & all ok. I have checked for any general journals that may have been entered by accountant, nothing. I have no idea how this could be out, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The only thing different this quarter, we started using purchase orders & converting them to invoices when goods are received. None outstanding at the end of the quarter.

2nd issue - GST reports on live desktop & web version don't match

Not sure if anyone has had this issue before? Because of the 1st issue, I thought I would run the reports on the web version of AR and both GST Collected & GST Paid vary significantly! Both reports run on cash basis. GST Collected out by over $700 & GST Paid out over $500. How can this be?

1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: GST OUT

Hi @LBaker 

Thanks for your post.

You mentioned that the GST report you are using is a cash-based report, the Balance Sheet report in the desktop is an accrual-based report. As these are two different accounting methods you are likely going to find a difference in values.

There is a difference with the browser GST reports in the way it determines if it is a sale or a purchase. The desktop reports use the transaction type (e.g. Invoice, Bill) to determine if it should be reported as a sale or a purchase, this is ok unless you need to deal with recipient created tax invoice where you have lines that are coded to both to income and expense accounts.

In desktop, you would need to use custom tax codes to split this out. In the browser, the reports look at the line detail and will report the GST based on the account type, e.g. if the line is coded to an expense account it will report under the purchases area of the GST report, if income it will report under the sale.

The total GST (collected-paid) should be the same in both reports.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post