PAYG Withholding missing from Online BAS reporting

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Samiam
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

PAYG Withholding missing from Online BAS reporting

Hi there

I have a medium sized entity that was set up in FY22 and BAS were reported through it. From 01/07 employee are now hired in the entity / salaries are paid / STP reports are lodged - however there isn't an option to report the PAYG Withholding in the Online BAS - how do I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Sam

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: PAYG Withholding missing from Online BAS reporting

Hi @Samiam 

Thanks for your post. If the W fields are not appearing in the activity statement you will need to contact the ATO to discuss reporting PAYG Withholding as these statements are retrieved from the ATO. 

If the W fields are appearing but have no values you will need to select the applicable payroll categories at W1 and the amounts you withhold from payments at W2.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Samiam
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

HI Tracey - thanks for your email. 

I've contacted the ATO and advised them that the W fields aren't being populated in our BAS. From their end they can see the W fields and have suggested this is an MYOB issue not and ATO issue. Can you check in with your team to see if there are other settings that may be affecting our online BAS lodgment.

Thanks

Sam

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Samiam 

As explained previously, if the W fields are appearing on the activity statement but are not populating you will need to select the applicable payroll categories at W1 and the amounts you withhold from payments at W2.

The Help Article, Get ready to lodge activity statements online, has detailed information on setting up BAS fields.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post