Tax Amount Variance - rounding issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dan_RPS
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Tax Amount Variance - rounding issue

The tax amount variance repoort shows 1 cent variance for some of our sales.

May I know if any chance I can fix them, I tried to retype the sales figure but seems nothing changed.

Thanks in advanced.

4 REPLIES 4
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Tax Amount Variance - rounding issue

Hi @Dan_RPS 

If there are transactions showing on the Tax Amount Variance report, it usually means any tax amounts were manually changed in those transactions. It can also occur if the transaction were imported, and some figures in the import file were edited. 

What you'll need to do is open each transaction listed on the report, and verify if the current tax amount is correct or not. You can click on the arrow next to the arrow next to the Tax amount > use 'Recalculate' to force the total tax amount to be recalculated. 

If it's an item sale, please also verify if all the unit prices are correct. You can take a screenshot of the transaction details, then re-enter the same unit prices in the Price column. The reason behind it is that some import transactions may had item prices with more than 4 decimals, but AccountRight only allows/displays 4 decimal places for unit pricing. Manually over-typing the unit price will get rid of any possible hidden decimals.

You can also try change the 'Tax inclusive' ticking of the transaction > Save > change it back (then overwrite the unit prices if needed) to force a system recalculation as well.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Smiley70
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

These 1c variances when running the Company Data Auditor have been appearing since longer than I can remember in the new versions and not once has it ever been because there's been a manual adjustment or import transactions etc. Like many others, I have never mentioned it before for fear of sounding trivial. But when it's constantly the only red question mark when runnning the Data Auditor, it's a bummer!  ( These annoying 1c variances never occured on the old desktop versions.)

Dan_RPS
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Clover,

I can be sure that all the tax amount were not manually changed and also those problematic sales transaction were not imported.

But I am happy as problem solved!

When I "Recalculate" the tax amount + click "tax inclusive & exclusive", the variance gone.

Still not sure why this happend though.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @Smiley70 

The Company Data Auditor is merely picking up variances for that period selected, and prompting for a review of these transactions, the current tax amount may or may not need to be changed. 

While I cannot tell what work flow/history your company file had in the past, I do suggest clicking into each transaction picked up in the variance report, force a tax recalculation by using the methods explained in my initial reply. This will ensure the tax calculation right now is correct, before closing off the period.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post