Forum Discussion

garfield13
Experienced Partner
2 years ago
Solved

how to completely delete an employee after ETP finalising has been sent

I have reported a full year of  salary and PAYG for myself as a partner, for now to be tokf that a partner cannot be an employee!

i have corrected the BAS and will get the PAYG back from ATO but how do I get it out of the STP reporting?

I have sent update events with 0 pay but the amount is still the same in payroll reporting.

I have also done the unfinalise.

• Hi garfield13,

Thanks for reaching out.

There are a couple of ways you could do this. The most straightforward would be to zero out the employee's Pay History in their employee card and then run a $0 pay run to update the ATO with these changes, however, in order to do this you would either have not yet rolled over the payroll year (pay run entered into the software after 1/7/22) or, have a backup of the file prior to the year rolling over. Could you please confirm if you have done either of these? 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi garfield13,

Thanks for reaching out.

There are a couple of ways you could do this. The most straightforward would be to zero out the employee's Pay History in their employee card and then run a $0 pay run to update the ATO with these changes, however, in order to do this you would either have not yet rolled over the payroll year (pay run entered into the software after 1/7/22) or, have a backup of the file prior to the year rolling over. Could you please confirm if you have done either of these? 

garfield13
      Experienced Partner

Hi Sam,

thank you for answering my query!

I have not yet rolled the file so i will try your suggestion ( I do have a backup before i do this)

I'll let you know how I go.

Kind regards