Terminating or removing an employee who was on JobMaker? We never requested or set up JobMaker

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EugeneHe
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Terminating or removing an employee who was on JobMaker? We never requested or set up JobMaker

We never applied Job Maker nor set up Job Maker on MYOB. However, when I processed STP today with our normaly payrun, I found two employess are shown under "Job Maker Period 10 ( - )" and there is error message on the JobMaker tab:

"

Terminating or removing an employee who was on JobMaker?
Send this update to the ATO via the Actions menu > Update employee details.

"

I then tried to remove declaration and normination as we never reported or applied Job Maker. Then I received another error message:

"Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: ab61542f-b973-4ebd-9048-9ffd3b4dccae."

Can someone please fix this issue for us? Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

181Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Terminating or removing an employee who was on JobMaker? We never requested or set up JobMaker

Hi @EugeneHe 

Thanks for your post.

Since you did not apply for a Job Maker but received a message about it when processing pay, you may need to check the Income type of the employee. To check this, if you are using MYOB Business/Essentials (web-based), go to Payroll > Employees > Click the name of the employee > Taxes > Income type (make sure to select the applicable income type). If you are using the AccountRight, go to Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > Click the name of the employee > Payroll Details tab > Taxes > Income Type

Regarding the error message you received, kindly clear cache your browser and try to use a different browser. We also recommend using Google Chrome. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

EugeneHe
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Terminating or removing an employee who was on JobMaker? We never requested or set up JobMaker

Hi @Doreen_P 

Thanks for your response. I have checked the employee's income type, both of them has the right income type "Salary and Wages" selected. Any other way to have this fixed? 

Regards, 

Eugene

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

181Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @EugeneHe 

Thanks for the update.

Since the income type of both employees already shows as Salary and Wages but still the same. Are the employees showing under Job Maker tab from the Payroll Reporting Centre? If yes, kindly try to remove the declaration and nomination. If the error message will show up again, please access this link then log in. Go to Payroll > Single Touch Payroll reporting > Job Maker tab > Click the ellipsis against the employee name under Actions tab > Choose remove nomination and declaration then send to ATO.

Please let me know how it goes.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

181Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @EugeneHe 

Do you still an assistance regarding this concern? Please do let us know. We'll be happy to assist you. 

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

EugeneHe
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Hi 

That's the problem as I said:

- two employees are shown on the JobMaker tab for period 8 (even we never registered for JobMaker for the company or any employee). 

- i tried to remove normination or delcaration from "actions", but it comes with error messages. e.g.:

• "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: 4d841e66-2953-4692-8612-b2de98681c3d."
  • "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: 134eda86-8c9b-4a55-ace3-d7ec6f0272b8."
  • "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: 44c1d388-0c73-4cf5-8e40-5f1ff7483aeb."

Regards, 

Eugene

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @EugeneHe 

Thank you for your post.  I am sorry that you had to go through with that situation. 

May I ask what actions you took to remove the employee from JobMaker?  Can you attempt this step? Click the Payroll Reporting Centre>>JobMaker tab. Select Remove Declaration from the Ellipsis menu for the employee. Select Remove.

And may know  whether you are still able to open the card file of the employees who appeared under job maker? If not, please send me a Private Message containing your:

• Serial number 
  • Company File name

I'll wait for your response. 

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

EugeneHe
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Cel, 

Thanks for your message and kinly note that the required details have been sent to you via private message. 

Regards, 

Eugene

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @EugeneHe 

Thank you so much for providing that information.

Upon checking on your account with the serial number that you provided, it seems that you don't have an active entitlements. I would recommend to update your subscription to be able to do the task. 

Let me know if you need further assistance with this. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

EugeneHe
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Hi - MYOB direct debit us every month for the subscription, I am not sure why you could not find this infomation. They company files are also updated to the most updated version on Monday. BTW, the total workstations licensed is 6, is this helpful? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post