Forum Discussion

Kristelle
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Payment is required immediately - Email - Scam???

I received this email, wanting to check if a scam, as we have direct debit set up, so wouldn't think this was relevant.

MYOB
 Payment is required immediately  
Dear (my name),

Payment of your subscription was unsuccessful. As a result your account will be suspended. 

This means you are restricted from making any changes and no longer have access to updates or technical support.

Kindly arrange payment today or, if you cannot make full payment at this time, please contact us to discuss your payment options. Details on how to update your payment details from within your product can be found here, or you can click on the links below.
Please pay the outstanding amount immediately
MYOB reserves the right to list your payment default with a credit agency and this could have an adverse effect on your credit rating.

Prefer to discuss your payment options over the phone?

If you are having trouble making payment or would prefer to arrange payment over the phone, please call us on 1300 646 975 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEST). 
Agreement NumberProductClient IDAccount Name
No rows found
Please allow a couple of days for your subscription to be reactivated upon full payment of your overdue account. If you have recently made payment, please ignore this message.

Kind regards,
MYOB 
FacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagram
myob.com  |  Contact  |  Privacy Policy  |  View Online
You have received this email as a valued MYOB client. We will continue to send you product upgrade and update information, transactional notices and important legislative changes, regardless of your email preferences.

© 2022 MYOB Australia Pty Ltd Level 3, 168 Cremorne Street, Cremorne VIC 3121, AU. All rights reserved.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Kristelle 

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this.

So I can have a look into why you're getting this message, can you send me a Private Message with the following details:

• The Account Name and Client ID mentioned in the email 
    • The email address you received that message on

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kristelle
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Samara

I am just wanting to know if there have been noted any scam emails being sent to MYOB customers? Would MYOB send an email like that? That should be a fairly easy thing to know up front. There is no 'identifying' details such as a Client ID or anything in the message. Not even the subscription type or balance of what is supposedly owing, ect (see content of original message, showing the email). That's what makes me think it's a scam.

I haven't had issues logging in & using MYOB & as I said, we pay by direct debit & I know the payment has already come out, so it's not a case of wrong account details & there was no payment due when I received the email, so assuming it's a scam. I guess, what I'm getting at, is if it is a scam, you might want to let customers know this is happening & how you would actually contact them if there was such an issue.

Regards,

Kristelle

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Kristelle 

Apologies if I wasn't clear before, The email you pasted is an email that MYOB would send.

In the future, if you get another email you are unsure about we always recommend checking the sender of the email to make sure it is a legitimate email from MYOB. You can read more about that here: Warning – watch out for fake (spam / phishing) emails pretending to be from MYOB.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Farq
    Contributing User

this is always happening to us also, we have spent over five hours on the phone trying to get it sorted.  They are impossible to contact and the customer service is the worst.  we are looking to move to xero.  It has happened again and now we are locked out.  PLus now we cannot get though on the phone it just hangs up.  There seems to be a payment issue with MYOB.

Zappy
      Valued Partner

Not correct. 

And good luck contacting Zero.