Forum Discussion

TrudiMBBSH
Trusted Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

2FA no longer required for sign in?

Just in the past week I am no longer required to do the 2FA step after entering username and password when I sign in to MYOB Business/Essentials?

I have not changed anything in settings, I am the only one who uses the system and I have not ticked "Trust device for 30 days".

When I signed in to this community page I DID have to enter the 2FA but NOT when I signed in to the Accounting Software? 

When will this be fixed?  I note there is a large post regarding a similar (or, rather worse) problem with AccountRight but I don't see one about MYOB Business.  

• Hi,

There is no option to do what you suggest with MYOB Business or Essentials, whatever you call it.

I am NOT using AccountRight, so your instructions below make no sense.

Just to note, I am asked for a password but no 2FA as it was before.

8 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TrudiMBBSH,

Thank you for taking the time to raise this. We're currently in the process of investigating this further to improve the experience for you all. At this point in time, it's under active investigation. We'll be forwarding this example to the teams so they can remain up to date. We really appreciate the patience shown whilst we investigate this for you all.

Cheers,

Shella

SammiB
      Trusted Partner

Our office/users have the same experience, no log in details or 2fa required...

SammiB
        Trusted Partner

Just to mention, if you log out as suggested via services, you cannot log back in again unless you restart your computer as the program just loops the signing pages.

TrudiMBBSH
      Trusted Cover User

Hi,

There is no option to do what you suggest with MYOB Business or Essentials, whatever you call it.

I am NOT using AccountRight, so your instructions below make no sense.

Just to note, I am asked for a password but no 2FA as it was before.