Forum Discussion

iWarwick
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Accessing AccountEdge data

As it is no longer being supported, I am migrating from AccountEdge to MYOB Essentials.

If I need to access data in AccountEdge, however, will I still be able to use AccountEdge even if I am no longer paying the subscription for it?

• Hi iWarwick 

You certainly would be able to access the AccountEdge company file if you do move to MYOB Essentials/arrange the cancellation of the AccountEdge subscription. However, it should be mentioned, that if you are needing to open that AccountEdge company file it would need to be on a non-Catalina based OS X. Reason being AccountEdge will not be receiving a Catalina OS upgrade.

Apart from the environment factor, there will be nothing preventing you from accessing those files if the subscription was to cease.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi iWarwick 

You certainly would be able to access the AccountEdge company file if you do move to MYOB Essentials/arrange the cancellation of the AccountEdge subscription. However, it should be mentioned, that if you are needing to open that AccountEdge company file it would need to be on a non-Catalina based OS X. Reason being AccountEdge will not be receiving a Catalina OS upgrade.

Apart from the environment factor, there will be nothing preventing you from accessing those files if the subscription was to cease.

iWarwick
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks.

Yes, I've understood the point about Catalina.

iWarwick
        Experienced Cover User

As a follow up - how do I actually cancel my AccountEdge subscription?