Editing invoice template

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Editing invoice template

OK. Have edited and saved a customised item sales invoice in Account Edge V18.5. If I open the template, it shows the change. But if I attempt to print or email an invoice using the template, it's still using the old, pre-edited template. Have tried logging out and back in, and have even copied the custom form back into the custom forms folder of older versions of Account Edge (16 and 17) but still getting the old template. Very frustrating. I'll try giving the edited version a new name and see if that helps. No, even saving the amended template under a new name, then defaulting the customer to that template, then printing using that template, and still MYOB gives me a print of the old pre-edit template. 

5 REPLIES 5
brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Editing invoice template

Be good if someone from MYOB could reply to this - same query lodged with Partner Support. 

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @brasstacks 

Thanks for your post, and apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I have found this post  customised form on the community forums that may be applicable to your situation.  It involves permissions access and sounds like it could be something that may be at play for your issue too.  Please feel free to have a read of it and see if it helps.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks. The template is being saved to the correct folder. If I open it to re-customise, it shows the amended detail on the form. But when I try to print using the template, it continues to use the old template. Have reinstalled Account Edge Pro V18. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @brasstacks 

I would make sure that form is set as the default within the company file. This can be done in a few different places depending on your needs. Our AccountRight Help Article: Set the default forms to be used when emailing or printing goes through the necessary locations where you can set a default form. I understand that you are using AccountEdge, the process would be the same between these products.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

An hour and a quarter with support byesterday and MYOB was accessing the right template but for some reason would not register the field modification. So we deleted the field, created a new one on the template, put in the text, saved it, and that fixed the problem. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post