Availability of MYOB AO for small business owners

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KevinR
Trusted Cover User
29 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

29Posts

3Kudos

3Solutions

Availability of MYOB AO for small business owners

Hi 

Is MYOB AO available to small business owners who do their own company tax return and trust tax return. 

I do tax returns for all my 3 companies and 2 trusts (corporate trustee). Currently I extract data outside of MYOB and lodging them using a SBR enabled software. It is tiresome. 

Could someone give input as to can I sign up to MYOB AO  or is it available only to BAS or TAX agents?

Thanks many. 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Availability of MYOB AO for small business owners

Hi @KevinR 

MYOB Accountants Office (commonly referred to as MYOB AO) is designed and intended for Accountancy Practices. Generally speaking, the small business user wouldn't use this type of software and should be referring to their Accountants to complete that functionality.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

KevinR
Trusted Cover User
29 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

29Posts

3Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Availability of MYOB AO for small business owners

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply.  In Australia there is no legal requirement to use an accountant for the tax return OR for the financials.  This can be verified at ATO and business.gov.au websites. 

As such our company and trust tax return are done inhouse for atleast past 4 years. Got almost 2 decades  of experience.  

MYOB AO is SBR enabled and I need that as all our 3 companies, 2 trust and SMSF are running on Accountright cloud. 

Thanks.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post