How do I record rent sale, but expenses outgoing means nothing goes into the bank account - MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lottie1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I record rent sale, but expenses outgoing means nothing goes into the bank account - MYOB

Hello, How do I record residential rent income and agent fees,repairs expenses outgoing when they equal each other and I do not get a payment to deposit in bank at end of month.

I would normally enter a sale for the rent and do a "payment received" against it with the money going into the bank and then a purchase for the expenses/management fee and a "pay supplier" for the amount going out of the bank.   As there is no money actually going into the bank or out of the bank, how do I do that?    

If I don't do the above it then doesn't show that the rent for that month has been "paid/received", it sits in the sale as if still owing.    I am very new to MYOB system and not an accountant !  Thanks for any help you can give.

Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Re: How do I record rent sale, but expenses outgoing means nothing goes into the bank account - MYOB

Hi @Lottie1,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

In this situation, if there's no money going to the bank account, then I would suggest recording a journal entry. I would highly recommend speaking with your accountant regarding this matter.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this. I'd be more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Lottie1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I record rent sale, but expenses outgoing means nothing goes into the bank account - MYOB

Thanks Princess !   Much appreciated

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @Lottie1,

You're welcome! It's my pleasure to help you with any queries you have. Please don't hesitate to create a new post if you need help in the future. I'd be delighted to help you.

Cheers,

Princess

WendyH
Trusted Partner
146 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

146Posts

9Kudos

7Solutions

With this scenario, you'd be best to use a 'Contra Payment A/c' - that way you can 'receive payment' for the invoice, and 'pay' the bill.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Dealing+with+a+supplier+who+is+also+a+customer#expand-Torecord...

PS - Did my answer help? Mark it as a Solution; Was it helpful? Leave a 'like' to tell others. Thank you Smiley Happy

Kind regards
Wendy
MYOB Certified Consultant & Accredited Trainer
Cert IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
Inst of Certified Bookkeepers Support & Resources
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @Lottie1,

I hope you've had a wonderful day! Please check out the help article provided by our partner, @WendyH, which might also address your concern with recording sales and expenses.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you, @WendyH , for your support and providing information. This is a great help to other users who have the same issue.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post