I have registered the business as not for GST but still error say that tax code cannot be empty when I set opening balances for accounts payable.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jliu0330
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have registered the business as not for GST but still error say that tax code cannot be empty when I set opening balances for accounts payable.

3 REPLIES 3
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,449Posts

182Kudos

388Solutions

Re: I have registered the business as not for GST but still error say that tax code cannot be emp...

Hi, @jliu0330 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If the business is not registered for GST, you may still need to indicate a tax code. To do this, kindly go to Accounting >  Chart of Accounts > Select the account name and then select the tax code. Once done, hit Save. It should allow you to save when you set an opening balance for accounts payable.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,449Posts

182Kudos

388Solutions

Re: I have registered the business as not for GST but still error say that tax code cannot be emp...

Hi, @jliu0330 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with your concern. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,449Posts

182Kudos

388Solutions

Hi, @jliu0330 

Since we were not able to receive a response from you, we will be closing the post now. Please don't hesitate to create another post if you encounter any issues.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post