craigbudpacni
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No ability to add categories in web-based app.myob.com

Hi,

Back in Oct21 someone posted that they cant add categories in the web portal of MYOB Accountright for quotes and this applies to Purchase Orders too. Only solution was to use Desktop version. 

Its been a few years since then and our company has set-up datafile that has critical need to use categories for multiple branches and not being able to do this via web portal is major for us. We process about 400x purchase orders a month. It appears the web portal still hasnt had Categories added as an item to include as part of the data entry. 

There's features in web portal that are not in desktop, like drag and drop of PDF evidence paperwork, yet we now struggling to create PO's in web portal because we cant allocate a category. Having to switch web verison and desktop is a major as we use Apple devices, so now have to create virtual machines running windows to get same functionality. Is this on MYOB radar, or are we missing something.

Hopefully some good news as to solution please??

Craig

What is the solution, besides the long winded creation web and editing afterwards in Desktop version. 

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 9.52.42 AM.png
1 REPLY 1
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: No ability to add categories in web-based app.myob.com

Hi @craigbudpacni

Thank you for bringing your concern to our forum and I apologize for the delay in response.

I understand that your workflow necessitates the use of both browser and desktop applications due to the absence of categories in the web app. I'm aware that the suggestion to incorporate categories into the web app has been voiced by several users on our Ideas Exchange board. Regrettably, our moderator team does not receive direct updates from the development team. However, I can assure you that the development team is striving to make MYOB Business as close to the desktop app as possible.

I would suggest posting this on the Ideas Exchange board once more to follow up on the suggestion.

Please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post