3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error trying to match multiple bills to one bank transaction

Hi
I have one bank transaction that needs to match multiple bill payments. When i try this (this has worked for me many time before) from the Bank Transactions page i get this error

"A rounding issue has occurred on a line where the amount has been manually adjusted. Please delete the line, add a new line, and try again."

This is not very helpful. Which line needs to be deleted? what rounding error occurred? How do i fix this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,545 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,545Posts

49Kudos

164Solutions

Re: Error trying to match multiple bills to one bank transaction

Hi @BrentN,

It's great to have you here in the Community Forum!

I appreciate your post. This error typically occurs when there's a discrepancy in the decimal places of the amounts you're trying to match. I recommend doing the following steps below:

1. Purchases
  2. Create Supplier Payment
  3. Your supplier name from the bill
  4. Payment Date
  5. Tick off the invoices the payment is applied to.
  6. Save
  7. Then go to the Banking Transactions screen.
  8. Match your bank transaction to the 'payments' for that transaction.
  9. Save

Let me know how you'd go on this and if you require further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

BrentN
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Shella_A 

Thanks for replying. 

Im not sure what you mean about"discrepancy in the decimal places of the amounts you're trying to match". All amounts are in dollars and cents so everything should be using 2 decimal places? 

Is there anyway to identify which bill is causing the issue and just fix that? Im trying to match 25 bills to one bank transaction and your method if fixing seems quite labour intensive. Having to create 25 supplier payments is a bit painful and i would prefer to be able to recognise this problem in the future rather having to do this manual fix.

Thanks

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,545 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,545Posts

49Kudos

164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BrentN,

I get that matching multiple bills to a single bank transaction can be a bit of a chore. I truly appreciate your patience with this. The system doesn't automatically split a single bank transaction across multiple bills. 

Here's a simpler way to do it:

• When the bank transaction shows up in your feed, click on it to see the transaction details.
  • In the transaction details, you'll see a list of open bills that match the bank transaction amount.
  • You can then divide the payment among these bills by entering the amount you want to assign to each bill. You'll have to do this for each bank transaction that needs to be split among multiple bills.

As for figuring out which bill might be causing the issue with decimal places, it might be a bit tricky. The system doesn't automatically spot these differences. You might need to manually go through your bills and check the amounts to see if there are any that aren't using two decimal places.

Let me know if you require further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

BrentN
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks @Shella_A , that worked and was easy!

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,545 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,545Posts

49Kudos

164Solutions

Hi @BrentN,

It's great to know the solution was helpful and straightforward for you! I'm wrapping up this conversation now.

Feel free to start a new post again if you have any other queries. 

Cheers,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post