MYOB Essentials - GL is showing correct balance for Bank Account however, Bank Rec is out by $3047.95

Katie28
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials - GL is showing correct balance for Bank Account however, Bank Rec is out by $3047.95

If I do a jnl it effects the Ledger and this becomes unbalanced but the Bank Rec balances ? how can this be ??

I have 'undone' ALL the Bank Recs and there is an amount in the Bank Rec tab of $3,047.95 ? how can this be when the Ledger is Zero ! serious problem - can someone please assist asap as we are Accountants and this is one of our clients MYOB file inwhich I would like to show them 'How to Reconcile' but obviously cant with this problem.

Bank Rec Unbalanced.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials - GL is showing correct balance for Bank Account however, Bank Rec is out by ...

Hi @Katie28,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

My apologies for the late response. I understand your concern about your unbalanced bank reconciliation. We appreciate your patience and for reaching out regarding this. It seems like you're experiencing a discrepancy between your ledger and bank reconciliation balances. This can occur due to various reasons, such as unallocated transactions or transactions still in transit.

One possible reason could be cash deposits that are still in transit. These transactions can cause discrepancies on your bank reconciliation because they show up on your ledger but not on your bank statement. High-volume accounts might have a large number of transactions constantly in transit, so care will have to be taken to ensure the transactions are tracked accurately in your system.

Another possible reason could be unallocated transactions. In some cases, if a transaction has not been allocated and is reconciled, it needs to appear on the balance sheet. If this isn’t done, it could cause a mismatch in the balances. I would recommend going through your transactions carefully to ensure they are all accounted for correctly. To identify and resolve unallocated transactions in MYOB, you can follow these steps:

• Identifying Unallocated Transactions: Unallocated transactions are those that have not been assigned to a specific account. They can be found in the bank transactions list in MYOB. Look for transactions with the status "Allocate me," "Possible invoice match found," or "Possible bill match found." These are transactions that have not been allocated to a specific account.
  • Resolving Unallocated Transactions: Once you've identified unallocated transactions, you can resolve them by allocating them to the correct account. Here's how:

a. Click on the unallocated transaction to open it.

b. In the transaction details, you should see an option to allocate the transaction to an account. Select the appropriate account from the drop-down list.

c. Save the transaction. It should now be allocated to the selected account and will no longer appear as unallocated.

• Reconciliation: After allocating all unallocated transactions, you can proceed with your reconciliation. If you include unallocated transactions in your reconciliation, it will update the account balance. You will then see another column showing the account allocation.

Please note that any transaction that has not been allocated, if reconciled, also needs to appear on the balance sheet. As this isn’t done in New Essentials, you would need to record a transaction and create the relevant Allocate Me accounts.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with unallocated transactions after going through the checking recommended.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials - GL is showing correct balance for Bank Account however, Bank Rec is out by ...

Hi @Katie28,

I hope this message finds you well today. I just wanted to follow up if you're still having difficulties dealing with your bank account transactions. If you still need assistance with this, please don’t hesitate to reply, as we’re always delighted to assist you further.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Katie28
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

HI Shella,

Thank you for your Reply.  However, I have checked that there isnt any Unallocated transactions going back from 2018 to 2023 and everything has been allocated, so this isn't the problem.  I can only ascertain that maybe when the Accounts were rolled over the balance has got caught up in that incorrectly somehow.  Is there anyway that MYOB Help Desk behind the scenes can fix the Bank Reconciliation screen manually ?

thank you,

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @Katie28,

Thanks for the response,

My apologies for the late reply. We recommend checking the General Ledger report from the conversion date month and year until 01/01/9999. This process will show us if there is a transaction for that chart of accounts. You may also check the opening balance of the account as well.

If you still find a discrepancy, let me know, or please provide a screenshot hiding important details. If there's none, then it means that your general ledger report is all good.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post