MYOB PAYBY online payments won't match in banking

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JOSIE
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB PAYBY online payments won't match in banking

I had a online MYOB PAYBY payment that I could not allocate in the banking because the amounts did not match as there was an 1.8% surcharge fee of $1.18 more than what the invoice amount was. Rang MYOB and they were having trouble helping me. They went through all the trouble shooting ideas that I had already tried before I rang them.Found no help online so I thought I would put this post up to help others as I worked it out myself.

When matching on the banking there is a new button that says + add adjustment.

I allocated the $1.18 to my cheque account and made it GST applicable and put in the description Payment Surcharge on GST applicable Sale Invoices.

Hope this helps any one else pulling their hair out.

Have had 2 more card payments since this and it has allocated itself fine. must of been a new glitch ,hopefully just a one off.

had trouble finding who money was off too but ended up finding in reports there is an online invoice payments tab up the top. Very handy. You think they would give us clear instructions on all the changes they have made. Lady at MYOB now knows how to sort this with other customers thanks to me.

2 REPLIES 2
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: MYOB PAYBY online payments won't match in banking

Hi @JOSIE 

Thanks for your post and feedback. I can see from your account that you were since able to speak to our inbound support team.

Did you require further assistance with this issue ?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JOSIE
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB PAYBY online payments won't match in banking

So I still had problems with this and have worked out now that when PAYBY payments were being automatically 

allocated to an invoice the money received was allocated to undeposited funds not cheque account.

To fix this you open invoice that is paid then scroll down open the payment that has been allocated and up the

top you will see where MYOB has allocated it. Getting quite fustrated with this update changing all my settings that have been in place for years. Once this is done you can match in banking as it will now come up on the feed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post