Matching transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Matching transactions

Hi @37093709 

As explained previously bank transactions work the same in the original and newer MYOB Essentials platforms.

With automatic matching turned off the process in both platforms is:

1. expand the transaction 
  2. click on Match transaction
  3. select the applicable transaction
  4. Save

This is the original platform:

image.png

This is the newer platform:

image.png

The only difference between the two is that the original platform says 1 Match available while the newer platform says Allocate me

If I enter a Spend money transaction in the newer platform for the same amount as the withdrawal Allocate me changes to Possible match found. This is because there is a payment transaction for that amount and the software looks for payment transactions. A bill is not a payment transaction, however, it will still be listed as a possible match when you click on Match transaction.

image.png

Whether the Match or allocate column says Allocate me or Match found the process is the same in both versions of the software when automatic matching is turned off. Suggested matches are listed when you expand the transaction.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Quote 'The only difference between the two is that the original platform says 1 Match available while the newer platform says Allocate me. '

This is exactly what I'm talking about, '1 Match Available' indicates a potential match, whereas 'Allocate Me' is the standard text. This means I have to click the dropdown on each transaction just to check if there is a match available, and then change the Transactions filter from All transactions to Close Transactions every time. I do not know how to change the default from All transactions to close transactions.

Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Having to create a spend money or receive money instead of just matching the bill or invoice to the transaction is a lot of extra work, which was completely unnecessary in the old version. I don't understand why they would promise "significant workflow improvements", and then do this.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @37093709 

You shouldn't record Spend money or Receive money transactions if there is a bill or invoice entered in the software. This won't close the bill or invoice. I was just explaining how the software determines if there is a possible match.

Click on the Expand arrow>>Match transaction and tick the applicable bill or sale.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

So, for every bank transaction to be matched, I have to click the 

Expand arrow>>Match transaction>>Close Matches and then tick the applicable bill or sale 

instead of just seeing there is a possible match on the Unallocated Transactions Screen and clicking the Suggested Match link that was in the old version? This seems a lot of extra time-consuming work.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@37093709 wrote:

So, for every bank transaction to be matched, I have to click the 

Expand arrow>>Match transaction>>Close Matches and then tick the applicable bill or sale 

instead of just seeing there is a possible match on the Unallocated Transactions Screen and clicking the Suggested Match link that was in the old version? This seems a lot of extra time-consuming work.

I agree with @37093709 on this, its annoying now that instead of seeing the possible match like it used to be in the old MYOB, now I have to click on allocate and then match transactionMan FrustratedScreen Shot 2022-10-29 at 3.49.52 pm.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post