prepare electronic payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnnaCapito
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

15Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

prepare electronic payments

Hi, a client file was recently coverted over by myob from old essentials to new essentials.

Not only did a get a whole heap of prior transactions now appearing in prepare electronic payments, even though the electronic payments clearing account in COA's is saying it's nil, but now  that I have set up bank accounts under Contacts so I can use this functionality for the client rather than paying manual as I was in the past, I'm now getting an error message that doesn't make sense.

The .aba file is being set for today 29/9/22 yet I'm getting an error message saying

"You may proceed with a future date, however your bank may not accept a file if the date in the file is different from the date you upload it.
Account cannot be linked Electronic Payments account if payment is Electronic Payment.

Under manage linked accounts, bank account for electronic payments has been set to the main cheque account the funds are to come out of.

Bank account for paying bills is set to main cheque account but I also changed it to electronic payments and the error still came up.

Can anyone help and advise how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: prepare electronic payments

Hi @AnnaCapito 

Thanks for your post. In Manage linked accounts the Bank account for electronic payments should be the electronic clearing account. When you create the supplier payment with Electronic payment selected, the electronic clearing account is credited the payment amount. When you process the electronic payment transaction the electronic clearing account is debited and the bank account credited.

You're getting the error Account cannot be linked Electronic Payments account if payment is Electronic Payment because the linked account for electronic payments is the same as the account selected in Prepare electronic payments>>Account field.

These Help Article have detailed information:

Managing linked accounts

Paying suppliers and employees electronically

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post