Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Allow the attachement of a document to a receive money and General Journal transactions

Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
New
New

Hi Team,

The ability to attach supporting documents to a General Journal or Receive money transaction is long overdue.

I have the situation where I like to attach the payment slip for our BAS to the payment that we make each time we lodge a BAS however this quarter the BAS results in a refund.

I cannot enter this transaction as a minus payment and when I create a Spend money transaction, I cannot attach a copy of the BAS for later reference.  As I am unable to attach a document to a General Journal entry either, the system has once again failed to be an efficient product to use.

Regards,

AlanT

13 Comments
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Genreve_S 

Thank you for your attempt to help here.

Unfortunately MYOB think they know how their customers use the software.  In order to achieve the results we require too many tasks appear to depend upon an inefficient 'work around' to achieve the necessary result.

The original problem is that it is not possible to attach a document to a receive money transaction in MYOB Business unless you have bank feeds activated for the account where the funds have been received.  (And it is not possible in AccountRight at all.)

The short sighted assumptions that MYOB make is that they don't appreciate that not every transaction can be generated from a Bank Feed and that there are still many tranasctions that must be created manually. (Oh for a properly working Bank Register option - like AccountRight has!)

For example; the ATO does not supply a bank feed (or QIF option) for a client's Integrated Account, neither do property managing agents.  More and more banks will no longer supply bank feeds for credit card accounts unless the CC is a business card.  (This is a Catch-22 because for a sole trader or many other small businesses, the same banks won't allow them to operate a business CC and recommend that the business owner use a personal card).

MYOB keep saying they listen to their users, but now it is time to start acting upon what you hear and develop products that are both efficient to use as well as have the user requested features fully built and workable.

Regards,

AlanT

@AmandaCL 

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @AlanT

Thank you for voicing your concern. 

I understand where you are coming from with this feedback. However, there are still possible ways to attach documents to spend money transactions. I understand that the implementation of attaching documents to transactions could be further improved. Rest assured; the team is looking into this.

I would suggest reading through these articles, Attaching Documents to Spend Money Transactions (Business), and Attaching Documents to Purchase Transactions (AccountRight). 

Feel free to post again if you need any other assistance. 

Thanks,
Genreve

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Genreve_S 

Again, thank you for your attempt to reply to my concerns.

To go back to my original post, I need to be able to attach documents to both General Journal Entries as well as receive money entries.

Has there been any suggestion that this will be rolled out soon?

Regards,

AlanT