Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Annual leave balance report in NZ

Experienced Cover User

25Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
New
New

Can NZ Payroll please have an Annual Leave Balance Summary report added.

We used this report to record our Holiday Pay liability.

"If you're looking for the totals of hours taken, hours accrued, and available hours for each employee within a specific period of time, you may run the leave balance report by going to Reporting >> Reports >> Payroll >> Leave Balance. This will show you the list of all leave payroll categories in your file. We also have the detailed leave balance report. "

THIS IS AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA - PLEASE ADD IT TO NZ PAYROLL Smiley Happy

14 Comments
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @JenDPT

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum.

We appreciate you notifying us about your suggestion, specifically the addition of the Annual Leave Balance Summary Report for NZ Payroll to help manage your Holiday Pay liability. We apologize for any challenges you've encountered because this feature is currently unavailable, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We will make sure to pass along your feedback to the team. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers,  
Leneth 

Janelle6
7 Posts
User

Is there any progress on this vital report? We have just been upgraded and it blows my mind this isn't a standard report. Unbelievable. 

JonathanP
4 Posts
User

Totally agree, This is unbelievable that there is no Leave Summary Report. We just got upgraded and now i have to individually match off each employees leave via the Employees Tab against the report i produced from Essentials before the changeover to make sure its all correct. BTW no information has carried over for Annual or Sick Leave into the only Leave Taken Report that i have.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all, we appreciate your participation in voting and providing comments on this idea. We acknowledge the significance of this report to your business, and we assure you that your feedback will be communicated to the team for thorough consideration. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,   
Leneth

Janelle6
7 Posts
User

@JonathanP - I did find if you run a pay items transaction report, you can view what leave has been paid over the period of time you select. 

JonathanP
4 Posts
User

Thanks @Janelle6 , i have now run the report you suggested. Appreciate the help. Baffles me why such an integral report wasnt added to the NZ version when Australia already has it in theres. I guess thats the downfall of using an integrated system and not a stand alone Payroll system, the accounting things always take priority. 

Rosemary_23
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

We really need a leave balances / leave summary report in the Essentials upgrade. Impossible to do leave liability reporting without this. 

LyndaMM
2 Posts
User

Another vote for this report.  It is such a standard basic requirement to accrue for leave balances, it is astounding that a report is not availabe and takes so long to manually create.  It looks lik we have also lost the Employee Annual Leave Detailed Report - at least that gave outstanding hours, even if you did then have to calculate a value based on pay rates.

Brien
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

I have made another post regarding this too but also want to support this post as it is a vital tool and a neccesity for all payroll systems. It was a feature in the old Essentials & apparently available in the Australian version - surely not that difficult to replicate in the new Business system for NZ users? Please advise a time for this to be available.

Fiona99
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

It's disappointing r=this reirt isn't available. 

This is a vital report great for monitoring leave balances - along with being needed for leave liability accruals which should never have been deleted!!

Please advise when this will be available

thanks